I’m celebrating the release of my brand new book, Pop Manga Drawing, by hosting a drawing contest! You can enter by drawing my Fuzzy Bee 🐝 lesson or Angry Flower Power 🌸 or BOTH!
Here are 2 full lessons from my book you can follow! (Right-click and select Save or Open Image In New Tab to get the largest lesson file size!) Once you’ve finished, post your drawing with the hashtags #PopMangaDrawing and #PopMangaDrawingContest on either Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and make sure to tag me in your post! I’ll be picking 5 winners to send a copy of the book along with an exclusive signed mini print, international entries are welcome as well! So get drawing, you guys! ✏
The contest runs from Sept 2-14 so you’ve got almost 2 weeks to show me what you got!! Good luck, everyone and have fun! 😘
There’s NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter BUT, it is ages 18+! Contest is open internationally, but void where prohibited or restricted by law. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Camilla’s first online drawing tutorial with Skillshare is a smashing success! Camilla and Skillshare have teamed up on a new lesson for Imaginative Drawing: Developing Concept Art Characters. Camilla is a natural when it comes to teaching, with many years of experience delivering workshops, panels, presentations and a How To Draw book under her belt. Learn to draw “GoldyLocks, pictured above, together with Camilla online here.
Camilla d’Errico is a strong female voice in the North American comic industry- especially as a prominent North American manga style artist. And now she brings her 13+ years of comic industry experience to a 13-part instructional online program through Skillshare. Camilla’s program, Fundamentals of Manga: Digital Illustration, launches May 9th, 10am EST here.
Camilla’s Skillshare program expands in depth on places How To Draw – Pop Manga began; composing a professional comic industry quality cover illustration, from start to finish. These professional instructional videos & materials feature a brand new illustration of Tanpopo, incorporating character designs from Camilla’s soon-to-be-released Tanpopo Graphic Novel #2.
What You’ll Learn
- Sketch. Learn to draw out your ideas with lessons on composition and drawing inspiration.
- Draw. Transition from pencil to ink, and learn to overcome the obstacles of the “finality” of ink work and accept mistakes. I will also cover important drawing techniques.
- Ink. Refine your ink work and prepare for the scan. I will cover brushstroke technique in depth.
- Scan. Scan your drawing into the computer and learn to adapt the inked image into a digital illustration.
- Color. Add color to your digital illustration with my efficient coloring tools and tips.
- Print Quality. Finalize your work to make sure it is up to print quality standards.
Tanpopo Graphic Novel 2 is set to release May 28th, so this Skillshare program launch privileges students to an inside look at the unreleased graphic novel characters & materials. Learn with Camilla here.