Camilla d’Errico is a strong female voice in the North American comic industry- especially as a prominent North American manga style artist. And now she brings her 13+ years of comic industry experience to a 13-part instructional online program through Skillshare. Camilla’s program, Fundamentals of Manga: Digital Illustration, launches May 9th, 10am EST here.
Camilla’s Skillshare program expands in depth on places How To Draw – Pop Manga began; composing a professional comic industry quality cover illustration, from start to finish. These professional instructional videos & materials feature a brand new illustration of Tanpopo, incorporating character designs from Camilla’s soon-to-be-released Tanpopo Graphic Novel #2.
What You’ll Learn
- Sketch. Learn to draw out your ideas with lessons on composition and drawing inspiration.
- Draw. Transition from pencil to ink, and learn to overcome the obstacles of the “finality” of ink work and accept mistakes. I will also cover important drawing techniques.
- Ink. Refine your ink work and prepare for the scan. I will cover brushstroke technique in depth.
- Scan. Scan your drawing into the computer and learn to adapt the inked image into a digital illustration.
- Color. Add color to your digital illustration with my efficient coloring tools and tips.
- Print Quality. Finalize your work to make sure it is up to print quality standards.
Tanpopo Graphic Novel 2 is set to release May 28th, so this Skillshare program launch privileges students to an inside look at the unreleased graphic novel characters & materials. Learn with Camilla here.